10 developmental benefits of reading!
10 DEVELOPMENTAL BENEFITS OF READING!
- One on one interaction with your child!
- Pre-reading skills (how you hold a book, reading left to right, what words look like)
- Helps develop fine motor skills for turning pages
- Helps develop understanding of action words (running, swinging, eating)
- Teaches concepts of space (under, over, below, in)
- Increases your child’s vocabulary
- Many books promote rhyming skills (important for future reading and writing)
- Strengthens the relationship of listening and talking
- Helps your child learn what sounds the letters make
- Helps your child learn color, number and shape concepts!