Month: March 2020
A few facts with Treadmill Training at ABC Pediatric Therapy
-Appropriate in our ABC setting for Delayed Walkers with no neurological or medical diagnosis such as Cerebral Palsy or Down Syndrome
– Performed for 15 minutes total of a session with a rest break as needed
– Performed 1-2x/week for total of 6 weeks or more weeks
– Therapist provides cues to promote/facilitate appropriate form
– Therapist will increase speed and incline on the treadmill as patient tolerates it
– Research shows it can improve scores on GMFM and 10 meter walk test compared to delayed walkers not performing the treadmill training = faster progression towards walking independently!
Would your child benefit from treadmill training? Ask to speak with an ABC Physical Therapist today! ?
Visit our website for more information: http://www.abcpediatrictherapy.comRead More